How to become a life coach
Are you passionate about helping people progress to their highest potential? Becoming a life coach is a perfect choice. As a life coach, you begin to get in touch with the abundance present in your own life and then you are ready to help others to increase abundance in their own lives. When you are starting out as a life coach, you want to serve people that means you want to get clients. For people to choose you as their life coach, you will need some valid training or proof in case somebody asks for that. As when you are starting out your certification and training will be the credibility you would need. Slowly as you serve more and more people, you would have testimonials also to add to your credibility.
Is certification necessary?
No, doing a certification course is not a requirement to be a life coach but as shared above, when you are starting out, certification is a good way to ensure you have the right skills needed and to build credibility as a life coach.
What is your Why?
It is very important that you define your purpose- Why do you want to be a life coach. You need to have a strong reason that inspires you to keep learning, improving and going forward. If your purpose is weak, you may quit or fail any challenge that comes in the way. If your purpose is strong, if you have that passion and zeal to serve people then no challenge, difficulty or problem will be big enough to pull you down. Hence before you get started on the journey of becoming a great life coach, you must define or redefine your purpose – “Why do you want to be a life coach”
Questions to ask while you are looking for a training certification course:
– Does this course train you to coach in real-time?
– Is it experiential learning and not traditional teaching with theory?
– Does it impart coaching tools from multiple methodologies?
– Is it approved by an accreditation body?
– Are there testimonials from existing clients?
– Are the training sessions with Master coach Live?
Checkout What is Extra with the training?
– What is Post Training Support?
– Ready to use tools and resources for your clients
– Support for starting your coaching Practice
– Material to enhance your skills
– Any products you getting complementary or on discount
Just doing a course and gaining material is not enough to become, to continue as a Life Coach, you need to be a lifelong learner and enhance your expertise in your niche. You need to have good in all over entrepreneurial skills if you want it to be your primary source of income.
Essential traits to be a life coach:
As you coach different clients, you will be accompanying them on this fantastic journey of realizing their victories and transforming challenges. You will be holding a space for them to identify their challenges and to cheer them on as they reach their goals. Following traits are essential in being a good life coach –
- Radiate positive energy
- Be authentic and speak truth
- Make people feel comfortable opening-up
- Passion to empower people
- Take notes for yourself after each session
- Cultivate a solid work ethic
- Mastering the art of asking questions
- Excellent listening and observing skills
- Practice what you preach – become a paragon of personal development
Remember, life coaches, need to be receptive, pleasant, friendly, and considerate. They should be enthusiastic, empathic, and have a sense of humor and patience.
One of the perks of being a Life Coach-
How would your personal and professional life change if you were able to set your own schedule and calendar? Becoming a life coach allows you to become an entrepreneur. You set your own schedule and can even work from the comforts of your own computer at your own convenience. You can manage your clients online. This freedom and flexibility are inevitable.
The need for life coaches is increasing because of the increasingly approving view of life coaching among people and the fact that there’s a strong return on investment to those who use coaching services.
Enrol into the best life coach certification course
Be wise, choose to learn from the best life coach in India. Life coach certification course offered at Ashwani Deswal International has all the things you would need to be a successful life coach. View the details here
About Ashwani Deswal
Ashwani Deswal is the best Life coach & corporate trainer in India. He is an author, Wellness Coach & Mindfulness Expert. He has served 100,000+ people from more than 112 countries and empowered them to create the results and changes they want in their personal and professional lives.
He has rich experience in the line of Life Coaching, Corporate Training, Wellness, Mindfulness & Leadership Development Training using which he helps people to bring a wholistic transformation in their lives. Being a Mindfulness coach, he uses various modalities to restore harmony & balance in people's lives & empowers them to create health, happiness & success (Overall well-being).
Who is a life coach?
A life coach is a type of wellness professional who helps people make progress in their lives in order to attain greater fulfilment. Life Coaching with an expert life coach is a structured process of figuring out who you are and what you want, what obstacles have been holding you back, learning what to do to overcome them, taking positive actions to create the result you want in your life. Take Life coaching/ performance coaching from the best Life coach & corporate trainer in India - Ashwani Deswal
How is Personal Life Coaching different from counselling?
One of the most common misconceptions about life coaching is that it is therapy/counselling in disguise — or that it is therapy from an unlicensed practitioner. In reality, life coaching is truly its own unique service designed to help ambitious achievers meet the outcomes that will bring them success and fulfilment, in any and all areas of life.
The idea behind counselling is to focus on past traumas and issues to change self-destructive habits, repair and improve relationships and work through painful feelings. In this sense, counselling focuses on the past and on introspection and analysis, with the hope of resolving past issues and creating a better future.
In life coaching, a client works with a coach, who is not a healthcare professional, in order to clarify goals and identify obstacles and problematic behaviours in order to create action plans to achieve desired results. A life coach enables the person receiving treatment to take charge of their life and take action to steer it toward their goals.
How to start career as a Life Coach?
To start out as a Life Coach, you should know and master the skills you need to be a life coach. Then you need to set up your coaching business and plan your services and fee. Once you are done with that, build your presence online as well as offline. Most important of all, keep upgrading yourself.
The smart way to go about these steps is to learn from an established Life coach. “Life coach certification” with Ashwani Deswal is a complete package in itself. You would cover all the steps in it. It is a supremely qualitative course. And you can do this course online.
What are people expecting from a life coach?
People come with the expectation of improving:
- Self-confidence and self-esteem
- Experience emotional healing
- Identify and clarify business or personal goals
- Forgive others and release old feelings
- Improve relationships with loved ones and co-workers
- Get motivated with a clear action plan
- Create and maintain healthy boundaries
- Work through major life transitions
- Develop and implement organizational skills
- Be held accountable for a weight loss plan
- Stop over-spending and get out of debt
- Develop leadership and public speaking skills
Benefits of having a Life Coach?
You can make the most of having a life coach by
- Gaining clarity about what you want
- Improving confidence and developing an empowering self-image
- Overcoming obstacles, fear, and insecurities
- Bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Creating a plan to reach your goals faster
- Someone to hold you accountable
- Establishing overall wellbeing in life
- Having harmonious relationships
What are benefits of becoming a life coach?
Becoming a life coach is one of the most rewarding roles that one could step into.
- Serve your Life’s Purpose
- Honour another’s Life Purpose
- Encourage others without passing judgment
- Help individuals perform at their highest levels
- Assist others to live in the possibilities
- Support clients in their professional endeavors
- You can merge coaching with your current career
- You get to set your own prices
- You know people deeply, in a way that’s constructive for both of you.
- You can work from anywhere you want
- You can create your own schedule
- Corporate Training
- Corporate Wellness
- Integrated Program
- Best EAP in India
+91 9999 791 003
Every individual and situation is unique so you should use proper discretion, in consultation with a health care practitioner before undertaking any of the recommendations, protocols, techniques, exercises described herein. Voyage to the betterment and the author expressly disclaims responsibility for any adverse effects that may result from the use or application of the information contained herein. We are not a medical service or suicide prevention helpline. If you are feeling suicidal, we would suggest you immediately call up a suicide prevention helpline or seek medical help.
Best corporate training in India | Experiential Mindfulness/ wellness program | Result oriented corporate training | Best wellness program for corporate | Training for managers & senior managers | Best personality development course in Delhi NCR | Release Stress, Anxiety, Phobia, Negativity, depression| Life Coach Certification | Wellbeing practitioner Certification |restore work life balance |Gain Higher profits, Efficiency & Results
© 2018 to 2020 Ashwani Deswal International | All rights reserved